The proposed project aims to construction/upgrade shelter initiatives in camps in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh, which were launched by SOCIAL AiD partnership with local community at the beginning of 2018. The overarching aim of this intervention is to support of improving the living conditions for refugees in camps/settlements through provision of safe, adequate and appropriate shelter and community empowerment.
Location: Rohingya Refugee Camp, Ukhiya, Cox’s Bazar
Objectives of the project:
- 100 Rohingya households receive shelter to build homes to withstand high winds & heavy rains
- With support from Asian Resource Foundation distributed shelter across camp area:
- 100 shelters at Camp 5, Rohingya technical expert built their shelter
- At least 150 Rohingya participate to build shelter house
- Equipped with materials, community households will strengthen their own shelters in the future.